Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Dragon Age: The Masked Empire

I'm having trouble figuring out what I want to say about this book other than the fact that I found it enjoyable. I think I got distracted half way through because my husband mentioned running a Dragon Age RPG campaign, and I started thinking about how to make that happen with this story.


I did enjoy getting more insight int Orlais and how The Game is played. I also enjoy getting to know the characters. You meet several of these people in Dragon Age: Inquisition but this book fleshes them out more, which was nice to see.

The only complaint I have is that the ending of the book wrapped up a little too quickly. And many of the character just walked away without much resolution to their story arch - I mean, this is a book companion to the game so of course they aren't going to wrap things up because they want you to play that part. But still, this is a book. And as a book, I just expected things to wrap up a bit more than they did.

That said, I still really enjoyed this book. I would recommend it to any Dragon Age fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment